3,669 tower telecommunications applications to improve PH Internet services approved – Manila Bulletin

0

A total of 3,669 communications tower construction requests were approved and processed by local government units (LGUs), Interior and Local Government Ministry (DILG) secretary Eduardo Año said overnight. from Wednesday 6 October.

In a briefing with President Duterte, Año noted that 860 pending tower requests are currently in the process of being approved, citing the importance of infrastructure towers in the communication process, especially in learning to online distance from students.

Previously, the president had ordered LGUs and other relevant agencies to facilitate the approval of requests for lines of communication.

In his July 27, 2020 address on the State of the Nation (SONA), Duterte warned telecommunications companies that they would be shut down in December of the same year if they did not improve their service delivery.

Globe Telecom president Ernest Cu met with the president three days later to explain to him that the lack of cell sites is the reason for the poor signals on the communication lines.

At the said meeting, Cu noted that a telecommunications company must obtain 28 to 30 permits for a cell phone tower, the process taking about eight months.

To address the issue, Año said earlier that DILG, the Anti-Red Band Authority (ARTA) and other national government agencies (NGAs) have agreed to streamline documentary requirements and processing time for permit applications. build on shared passive telecommunications tower infrastructure. also known as the Common Telecommunications Towers.

With the signing of the Joint Memorandum Circular (JMC), Año explained that this will eliminate resolutions from homeowners associations, city and municipal resolutions and all other processes that delay obtaining permits.

Meanwhile, in implementing the prevention, detention, isolation, treatment and rehabilitation (PDITR) and vaccination strategies, Año revealed a very rapid contact tracing process.

Currently, Año has disclosed the deployment of 134,700 contact tracers in 38,723 Barangay Health Emergency Response Teams (BHERT).

“Maganda na po ang ating ginagawa sa contact tracing, 94% of po ng (COVID-19) cases were detected within 24 hours and 91% of positive po ng mga were isolated from naman natin sa loob ng 24 hours (we are doing well in our contact tracing, 94 percent of cases are found within 24 hours and 91 percent of positive cases are placed in isolation within 24 hours), ” Año maintained.

The DILG chief added that at present, 283,711 medical staff and 68,107 LGU support staff are deployed to help with the government’s immunization program.

Regarding the implementation of the national immunization program, Año said that based on LGU reports, 48,788,021 Filipinos are now eligible and have been identified in priority groups.

In the case of uniformed services immunization, Año noted that 144,064 (64 percent) of Philippine National Police (PNP) men are fully immunized while 21,604 (65.96 percent) of office staff. of Fire Protection (BFP) and 13,755 (73.16 percent) Workers of the Bureau of Prison Management and Penology (BJMP) are fully immunized. (Chito A. Chavez)


SUBSCRIBE TO THE DAILY NEWSLETTER

CLICK HERE TO JOIN


Source link

Share.

About Author

Comments are closed.