on your can improve your car journeys, whether you are driving to work or taking a . In addition to providing directions, routes and Google Maps also includes some lesser-known features that can make arriving at your destination easier.
If you’ve never used Google Maps, it helps you get to your destination on time and prevents you from getting lost along the way. With some of hisGoogle Maps also lets you customize the map experience and even order home food delivery.
Here I focus on features that help you reach your destination easily. Read on for six great Google Maps tips to help you arrive safe and on time. To find out more, discover hidden.
Use Live View to guide you to your destination as you walk
When you’ve parked your car five blocks from your destination, it can be tricky trying to follow a little blue dot to know where you’re going. Withyou can see exactly where you are going by holding your phone screen.
The feature uses your camera to scan the buildings around you and places a huge arrow on the screen to help you find the exact location where you need to be. Here’s how to use it.
1. In the Google Maps app, enter your destination and tap directions.
2. Select the While walking icon at the top of the map screen.
3. At the bottom of the screen, tap the Live View button. It is located next to the To start up button.
4. Aim your camera at buildings and signs on the street (note that you will need to allow the app to access your camera). When you start walking towards your destination, large arrows and the street name will appear on your screen to guide you.
Download directions when you lose your phone signal
He never fails. When you need directions the most, your phone loses signal. Luckily, Google Maps lets you upload your route ahead of time so you never have to worry about getting lost. This trick is especially useful if you are traveling in an area with poor phone coverage.
1. In the Google Maps app, enter your destination.
2. At the bottom of the screen, tap the place name or address.
3. Scroll right and tap To download.
4. Faucet To download again. The map of the area you selected will now be available offline.
Keep your destinations private with Incognito Mode
A feature for Android and iPhone users lets you. This means you can hide your location from other Maps users, as well as the places you’ve searched for. So if you’re trying to surprise your loved one with a fancy necklace, that’s what you’ll have to do.
Open the Google Maps app, tap your profile icon in the top right corner and select Enable Private Browsing Fashion. When you’re ready to disable the setting, follow the same steps and select Disable incognito mode.
Include multiple travel stops to get an accurate ETA
If Google says your trip will take seven hours but will last eight, it may be because you haven’t included your multiple stops along the way. Google Maps lets you add stops to get a more accurate destination time.
1. In the Google Maps app, enter your first destination, such as a gas station or a cafe.
2. Faucet directions.
3. Tap the three-dot menu in the upper right corner.
4. Faucet Add a stop. Add as many stops as you plan to take.
5. Hurry Fact when you are done adding stops. Now you will get more accurate ETA when planning trips.
Find a parking space for your car
Knowing where you can and can’t park your car is essential, especially if you’re late for work or going to an unfamiliar place. Instead of driving and hoping you’ll eventually find a parking spot, use Google Maps to point you in the right direction.
1. In the Google Maps app, enter the location where you will need to park or near it.
2. Faucet directions.
3. Zoom into the location to see all P icons near your destination. Press a P (for parking).
4. Faucet Add a stop. The parking spot will be added as the first stop on your route and you can continue to your next destination.
Use Street View to see real photos of your destinations
Pictures can be deceiving, so before booking a hotel that looks nice, first use the Street View feature to see what it looks like on Google Maps.
1. In the Google Maps app, search for a location, such as a hotel, where you plan to stay.
2. In the lower left corner, you will notice a small box with a photo of the building. This is the Street View of the area, so tap on it to see what it looks like.
3. You can zoom in and out and check the area by sliding your finger across the screen.
Want more advice? Check out thesethat you may not know.